Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday Freedom. Freed Om.

12-29-09

Hmm. Interesting. Hello world. It is me, Melissa. Writing from my universe as I have created it. A great many changes have happened in such a short time- in fact, I am bedazzled by it all. Gives me so much hope for what can happen within this next year- I no longer have to plan an impending move OR resign myself to New Orleans. Yippee. He he.

So here I sit on my magical extended sublet in my pretty homey feeling land of San Francisco fabulousness. My life is truly a representation of what I have intended for myself to live- AND I easily see the fruition of all these glorious things that I have intended on the totally reasonable horizon. Yay. And the more I get in touch with yes, my life is good and yes I do believe I deserve all these magical things to come.

So I would like to praise the things that have already glided into my life like a magical scene from willy wonka. Ok, so improv comedy. Oh my god do I love it! Love it and have LONGED to do it for years. In fact, I spent a great deal of time thinking I would one day grace the stages of SNL (when it was good) or do a second city. I contemplated working an office job to support my dream of doing comedy. That’s what I thought life was. Choose a profession where you settle and work in some type of cubicle and if you have a dream you must sacrifice your 9-5 and make it happen in your spare time. I.e., if you want it enough and if you pray to god hard enough and if you sweat, bleed and nearly die but STILL believe that dream is yours and that it is possible- why golly then you deserve a miracle I would say. Geez. No kidding. I can’t believe I actually thought that like five years ago.

I believed that it was the right thing for me to do to get an office job and that something like me being a famous comedian that made lots of money and got to laugh and make others laugh all day- yeah sounds and feels good to me. So needless to say, didn’t choose Chicago, office job, second city thing- I chose New Orleans. Yep, so glad to be a graduate of the school of life New Orleans. Woo hoo. And also I would like to honor that I have so come to understand that I am in no means starting from scratch here. And I think all the delicious things I have let in SOO SOON from my arrival here is due to my sort of accrued experience and navigating various lessons in new Orleans. So thank you new Orleans for all the wondrous growth you helped me accomplish and I give absolute thanks and praise that I am now able to reap the benefits in somewhere as AWESOME as san Francisco. Because, my glorious life here is totally believable and starting with that vibration- holy macaroni- some good stuff is happening.

Oh yeah, I was telling you all the good stuff. So, I have manifested weekly trips to Oakland to do improv comedy school (or improv conservatory is my fav way to look at it, because it’s funny). And I get to jump around and be silly and laugh and make others laugh every week. And it is totally awesome and it completely time just for me. So that’s awesome.

And so lately this week I have deeply contemplated what other things like that that I have sort of been waiting for whatever reasons/excuses- like someday, particularly when my partner gets here I can start living that rocking life I've always imagined. Or if I moved. Well, I’ve moved. So and yeah! YEAH! San Francisco offers so much, it is so great. Oh, I looked up dance classes and I was like OH MY GOD. Of course, yes Melissa you live in san Francisco of course there are all kinds of really interesting awesome badass classes at all different kinds. And I am sincerely excited about the bhangra and bollywood classes. I dig it. So yeah, comedy, dancing- I have reconnected with a yoga space that is actually sisters with a yoga place in New Orleans. AND my fav kirtan band will be here next month. AND my spiritual teachers Abraham are coming to san Francisco and I'm going to see them AND I get to speak Spanish and I am improving daily AND I get to eat really well in all kinds of ways and the space I am living in is filled with resonant laughter AND the place I am living has a wood burning stove and cozy reading nook AND a living room entertainment center that is nearly as impressive as the amazing amounts of movies (better than a movie store, I tell ya) AND meeting and hearing about spiritual opportunities AND having a tribe that is a nice blend of the spiritual, party whole me AND living near the beach AND having so many amazing and separate and interesting worlds that exist right out my front door (china town, you are in a foreign country, it is awesome) AND getting fabulous opportunities like winning VIP cirque du soleil tickets for me and guest and a $50 voucher for food and drink AND manifesting witch school at a later date when I am better able to receive it AND manifesting kirtans that are all over the city AND understanding how easy it is to renew my passport AND having the impending prospect of having all of my worldly goods in one actual geographic location AND actually having jobs that I love that are relevant to my career path and my life purpose AND actually having a reasonable plan for going back to school WITH the added bonus of affordability for having achieved my California residency AND understanding that I am truly free from money and have a wonderful relationship with money.

AND ACTUALLY that is a great topic to steer my babble into. So I was under this huge misconception that in order to pursue my comedy dream (but also I believe that I hold this belief for artist, starving artist complex/programming) that I would be totally fucked and literally starving (whatever that means because I’ve been on food stamps before and all that poverty jazz because my mom was too overwhelmed to pay the bills and put the money she had into those things- but I realized I am living just fine if not really well on a fucking minimum wage salary. Yes, it is incredibly galling that I am an intelligent person and I actually tried hard and paid attention in school and got good grades and this is where I am right now BUT I am still living well and really affordably. I think I’ve figured out my rhythm of living affordably and I think I cooperate with the universe to allow them to bring me things I need. Sometimes I pay for stuff, sometimes I buy stuff sometimes I earn stuff sometimes stuff is given to me, sometimes I find stuff… and on and on. God’s methods are ingenious- his ways are sure. And I think that’s good for me. Ok friends and family. Love and light to y’all.

Lovemelxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment